Lisa Orr in the lab at Lund University
Graduate Students

The U.S. Graduate Student Program
is for American students wishing to study at the graduate level and/or conduct independent research in Sweden. Applications will be considered from well-qualified candidates in all fields. The grant provides a maintenance allowance for ten months and a travel allowance toward round-trip travel to and from Sweden.

Comprehensive information on how to apply can be found at the website for the Institute of International Education (IIE). Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the Commission with any questions they may have concerning the grant.

Applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of the application. Preference is given to applicants whose higher education was received primarily at educational institutions in the United States and to candidates who have not resided or studied in Sweden for more than six months. Applicants must hold a B.A. degree or the equivalent before the beginning date of the grant. Applicants may not hold a doctoral degree at the time of the application, unless otherwise noted.

Letter of affliliation: all students and researchers from the U.S. are required to have an affiliation in Sweden. While affiliations should be academic, they may include museums, cultural and think tanks. Please contact the Commission directly in case of uncertainty. The following guideline is provided to assist prospective hosts in Sweden: Download the Guidelines for Prospective Host Affiliations and Advisors